Hello Child Life students!
We hope you had a wonderful start to your Fall Term 2! We have a great volunteer opportunity with Project Angel Food on Sunday, November 13, from 1 to 4 pm. Their mission is to prepare and deliver healthy meals for people with different diseases.
As a volunteer, you do not need to be a great cook. There will always be a chef in the kitchen, and orientation will be provided before stepping into the kitchen. You’ll chop vegetables, stir sauces, mix the batter, bake cookies, and package the meal.
This is an excellent opportunity to bond with other classmates, get volunteer experience, and serve your community. We have limited spots. Project Angel Food is located at 922 Vine Street between Willoughby and Barton in Los Angeles. There is free parking behind the building and parking on the street.
The following safety guidelines/requirements are in place currently:
• All volunteers must provide proof of vaccination, including booster. Booster is required based on eligibility (6-8 months after last vaccination; 3 months after positive test result). Proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours can replace proof of the booster.
• Masks must be worn in the building. The masks must be KN/N-95 or surgical disposables. (CLSO will provide masks)
• An orientation will be held at the start of each volunteer’s first kitchen shift. This is mandatory.
• Please wear closed-toe, rubber-soled, flat shoes when working in the kitchen. No sandals.
• Wear comfortable clothes (No cut-offs/mid-riffs, cap sleeves, or tank tops, please) -shorts are okay when working in the kitchen.
• Health Department Regulations prohibit all jewelry on hands, fingers, and arms. Please leave all valuable jewelry at home. No earrings are permitted.
• You will need to cover your head. Hairnets will be provided on-site. Hats can be worn over the hair net.
• All volunteers will sign a liability form.
Registration information found below