Grants and Scholarships

Have you applied for the Cal Grant?

A Cal Grant is money for college you don’t have to pay back. To qualify, you must apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) by the deadline and meet the eligibility and financial requirements as well as any minimum GPA requirements. Cal Grants can be used at any University of California, California State University or California Community College, as well as qualifying independent and career colleges or technical schools in California.

There are three kinds of Cal Grants — A, B and C — but you don’t have to figure out which one to apply for. Your eligibility will be based on your FAFSA or CADAA responses, your verified Cal Grant GPA, the type of California colleges you list on your FAFSA and whether you’re a recent high school graduate.

Undergraduate Psychology Student Retention and Advancement Grant.

This is a need-based grant that provides financial support for undergraduate psychology majors with demonstrated financial need that, if met, would make a significant impact on the retention or advance of psychology students pursuing education and careers in psychology or psychology-related fields.


  • Undergraduate psychology major currently enrolled full-time
  • Currently a recipient of need-based federal or state financial aid (Cal-Grant, Pell-Grant)
    • If student is not currently receiving a need-based grant (i.e. international student), but has a need, a written letter of explanation can be submitted with application
  • Identified need that can be significantly impacted by this grant
  • Minimum 2.0 GPA
  • Currently employed

For application and more information, click here.

If you would like to make a donation to help psychology majors in need of financial support, please click here. In the designation section of the gift form, please specify fund P06034. Gifts to APU are deductible for tax purposes as allowed by law.